Experience is the best teacher
Our organization is founded on the principle that educational success is achieved when modern instructional strategies are used to enrich educational experiences. We are equipping the STEM workforce of tomorrow through relatable experiences today.
Our goal is to provide underprivileged youth who are demonstrating low academic performance premier student-centered learning experiences while shaping healthy lives suitable for the demands of our global society in safe, engaging, collaborative and interactive learning environments.
The overarching outcome will be students with developed skills in the areas of collaboration, communication, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving as well as STEM courses, STEM awareness, and STEM appreciation.
Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics with an Urban Perspective (STEM UP) offers several onsite educational services to schools, recreation centers, and colleges (K-12 and adult education) within the Houston and surrounding Harris County areas that promote academic gains across the curriculum. In addition, customized sessions are available upon request. Programs are designed to fit the need of each client.
SOME OF THE STEM UP LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
- Summer Programs with an emphasis in Rocketry
- Inquiry-Based Learning
- Project-Based Learning
- Promotion of college and career readiness
- Promotion of literacy and numeracy
- Promotion of social emotional development
- Differentiation in STEM classroom strategies
- Collaboration in the development of STEM programs and resources
- Collaboration in the fostering and building of parental and community involvement
- After-School and Enrichment Programs
- STEM Programs
- Summer Bridge Programs
- Tutoring in ESL, ELL, literacy, mathematics, reading, science, writing, as well as, STAAR, EOC, TSI, ACT and SAT preparation
- Workforce Development Programs
- Parental Involvement
- Curriculum Writing
- Grant Writing